Responsible for the development and coordination of the collection database and related museum
documentation, digitization and record-keeping in order to make the collection accessible to stakeholders.
In charge of deterrent preservation and natural control of articles.
• Assist with the improvement, coordination and populace of the historical center protest database.
• Assist with making the accumulation and data available to partners.
• Receives, examines, promotions, records, digitize, names and inventories objects gained for accumulations
as well as displays.
• Assist in creating and actualizing approaches and systems concerning the gathering and the historical center.
• Assist with the advancement and coordination of an Integrated Pest Management Plan.
• Supervise the house-continuing, sorting out and supervision of capacity regions and lodging of articles.
• Compile month to month reports and as and when particular reports are required.
• Give inputs when arranging, planning and getting ready showcases and additionally occasions for the historical center.
• Contribute data and articles to be distributed.
• Keep fully informed regarding historical center patterns and data.
• Facilitates care and security of accumulations of craftsmanship and ancient rarities on location; organizes with Curator in regards to the
conditions important to store protests in a seismically protected, calm place; and controls craftsmanship stockpiling territory.
• Bachelor of Arts or Information Science degree (NQF 7)
• Museum qualification will be an advantage
• Three to five years’ experience in museum preservation and record-keeping.
• Code EB Driving Licence
Skills and Attributes
• Communication skills (read, write, speak)
• Presentation skills
• Research/analytical skills
• Interpersonal skills (groups, individuals)
• Computer literate
• Meticulous, creative, innovative
• Problem solving skills
• Persuasiveness, decision making
• Planning, organising, co-ordinating skills
• Strong sense of responsibility
• Ability to liaise with stakeholde
The South African Post Office is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in
employment, especially with regard to race, gender and disability.
If you wish to view vacancies, log on to www.postoffice.co.za and Click on Careers or
Email your CV to: email@example.com
Closing Date: 04 September 2018
Position Number: 60058650